Lake County, Montana

Election Office
Upcoming Local Elections
Notice of February 2, 2021 Election, Counting of Provisional Ballots and County Canvass for the City of Polson Resort Tax Mail Ballot Election

Notice is hereby given that a City Resort Tax Election will be held on February 2, 2021. Electors will consider the following: Should the City of Polson impose a resort tax in the City of Polson of 3% on: the retail value of all goods and services sold by lodging or camping facilities; restaurants, fast food stores, and other food service establishments; all public establishments serving alcoholic beverages by the drink, destination recreational facilities; and luxuries sold by other establishments. The tax will take effect July 1, 2021, be effective 12 months a year for twenty years, and must be used as follows: 3% for vendor administrative costs, and the remaining 97% as follows - 17% for property tax relief; 80% for existing streets, storm sewers, sidewalks, curbs, and gutters; and 3% for City administrative costs.

The election will be conducted by mail ballot. All active electors of the City of Polson are entitled to vote in the election. Ballots will be mailed to active electors only, on January 13th 2021. Voted ballots must be received in the Lake County Election Office by 8 pm on Election Day (February 2, 2021) in order to be counted. If you do not receive a ballot, contact the elections office at 406-883-7268 for instructions on how to register or update your registration to receive a ballot.

The following events are open to the public and will occur at the Lake County Courthouse.

Ballot preparation and counting will begin at 9:00 am on February 2nd 2021 in the large conference room on the third floor. Counting of Provisional Ballots will begin at 3:00 pm on February 8th, 2021 in the Election Office. The Canvass will be held on February 10th at 10:30 am in the Commissioner Chambers.

In-person registration, voting and ballot drop-off is available at the county elections office located at the Lake County Courthouse, 106 4th Ave E, Polson, MT between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm, Monday – Friday. The election office will have extended hours from 7 am – 8 pm on Election Day (February 2nd).

Call the elections office at 406-883-7268 or email tkramer@lakemt.gov if you have questions or need assistance with voter registration and voting.

Notice of Close of Regular Voter Registration and Option for Late Registration for the City of Polson Resort Tax Election.

Notice is hereby given that regular* registration for the City of Polson Resort Tax Election to be held on February 2nd 2021 will close at 5:00 p.m., on January 4th 2021.

*Note: If you miss this regular registration deadline, you may still register for the election by showing up at the county election office up to and including on Election Day. Between noon and the close of business on the day before Election Day, you can complete and submit a voter registration card, but you will need to return to the local election office on Election Day to pick up and vote a ballot.

All active and inactive **electors of the City of Polson, MT are entitled to vote at said election.

**Ballots will automatically be mailed to Active Electors only. If you are a registered voter and do not receive a ballot, contact the Lake County Election Office at (406) 883-7268 to update your information as necessary and receive a ballot.

Persons who wish to register and who are not presently registered may do so by requesting a form for registration by mail or by appearing at the Lake County Election Office located at 106 4th Ave E, Polson, MT 59860.

If you have moved, please update your registration information by filling out a new voter registration card and submitting it to the county election office.




© Lake County Courthouse
All information posted on this website is deemed correct at the time of posting.
Please contact the department head for complete and current information.
This website is maintained by Lake County I.T.
Momarazzi Photography on this website are provided by and used with permission under licensing agreement.
Privacy Policy