Filing Information for Lake County
See Who Has Filed:
Special Purpose Districts:
• Filing opens December 10, 2020 and closes on February 8, 2021
• File with the Lake County Election Administrator
• Rural Fire Districts, Fire Service Areas, Water Districts, Sewer Districts and Irrigation Districts
• Filing opens December 10, 2020 and closes on March 25, 2021.
• File declaration with the School Clerk
• Please contact your school clerk to find out about positions open for filing
• Filing opens April 22, 2021 and closes on June 21, 2021.
• File declaration and filing fee (if applicable) with the Lake County Election Administrator
• File with the Secretary of State
• Open offices, qualifications and fees can be found at https://sosmt.gov/elections/filing/
Campaign Finance Information
Certain candidates need to submit paperwork regarding campaign finances to the Commissioner of Political Practices. Please visit Politicalpractices.mt.gov for more information.