THE ELECTION DEPARTMENT
|The Lake County Election Department administers federal, state, county, special district and the majority of school district elections in Lake County. Lake County represents House Districts #10, 12, 15, & 93 and Senate Districts 5, 6, 8, & 47. As a part of administering these elections, we maintain the voter registration files for approximately 18,000 registered voters in our 22 precincts. Voter Registration cards can be obtained online, at the election office, and at certain government offices such as the driver’s license bureau and public assistance offices. Voter registration cards must be submitted to our office in Room #121 of the Lake County Courthouse, 106 4th Ave E, Polson, MT 59860.|
The counting of ballots for the School Election will begin at noon on May 5, 2020 in the large conference room located on the third floor of the Courthouse at 106 4th Ave E, Polson, MT 59860. No results will be released until after 8 pm.
May 5, 2020 - School Election
- Charlo School District #7-J and Ronan School District #30-2 will be holding trustee elections by mail ballot.
- Ballots will be mailed on April 15th to all active, registered voters within the district.
- The beginning of late registration has been moved to April 28th.
- Ballots must be in the Election Office by 8 pm on May 5th in order to be counted.
June 2, 2020 - Federal Primary Election
**THE PRIMARY WILL BE HELD BY MAIL BALLOT. THE POLLING LOCATIONS WILL BE CLOSED.**
- Ballots will be mailed on May 8th to all active, registered voters within the county.
- The beginning of late registration has been moved to May 27th.
- Ballots must be in the Election Office by 8 pm on June 2nd in order to be counted.
CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION STATUS WITH MY VOTER PAGE!
GO TO APP.MT.GOV/VOTERINFO/
Lake County Courthouse Room 121
106 4th Ave E Polson, MT 59860