THE ELECTION DEPARTMENT
|The Lake County Election Department administers federal, state, county, special district and the majority of school district elections in Lake County. Lake County represents House Districts #10, 12, 15, & 93 and Senate Districts 5, 6, 8, & 47. As a part of administering these elections, we maintain the voter registration files for approximately 18,000 registered voters in our 22 precincts. Voter Registration cards can be obtained online, at the election office, and at certain government offices such as the driver’s license bureau and public assistance offices. Voter registration cards must be submitted to our office in Room #121 of the Lake County Courthouse, 106 4th Ave E, Polson, MT 59860.|
REGISTER TO VOTE!
What do I do if I lost, damaged, spoiled or destroyed my mail ballot?
Download a replacement ballot request form, complete and either mail to the election office, email to email@example.com or request a new ballot in-person.
November 3, 2020 - General Election
*MAIL BALLOT ELECTION WITH AN IN-PERSON OPTION AT THE LAKE COUNTY ELECTION OFFICE*
- October 2nd - November 2nd: Office is open from 8 am - 5 pm for early voting*
*Voters may vote in-person at the Election Office during this time
- October 9th: Ballots will be mailed to active, registered voters and provisional voters
- October 26th: Close of regular voter registration (After this date, voters must appear in-person at the Election Office)
- October 27th: Late registration begins at 8 am (Voters must appear in-person at the Election Office)
- November 2nd: Late registration closes at noon
- November 3rd: Election Day - Election Office will be open from 7 am - 8 pm for registering to vote and ballot drop-off.
Ballots may be mailed or returned in-person to the Lake County Election Office at 106 4th Ave E, Polson, MT 59860. Ballots must be in the election office by 8 pm in order to be counted. Postmarks do not apply.
Polling locations will be closed on Election Day.
CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION STATUS WITH MY VOTER PAGE!
GO TO APP.MT.GOV/VOTERINFO/
Lake County Courthouse Room 121
106 4th Ave E Polson, MT 59860
8 am - 5 pm/M-F
Closed on October 12th & November 11th
Election Day (November 3rd): 7 am - 8 pm