Attention: Citizens of Lake County
In the interest of providing the citizens of Lake County with proper services during the current Pandemic of COVID-19 we are requesting the following process be followed when applying for a New Permit or the Renewal of a Concealed Weapons Permit.
- Please mail in the application filled out completely. If it is not properly completed it may delay or halt the process. Every box and line must be completed. There are no exceptions to this so please take your time and fill out the form properly. There is a New Concealed Weapons Permit Application and a Renewal Concealed Weapons Permit Application on the County website. Go to the Directory and click on the Sheriff's Office. Click on the Downloads to get the necessary form. If the form is incomplete we will not process it and it will be sent back to you.
- Please mail in your payment along with the application. We recommend and prefer a personal check as it is a good record for you as well as us in keeping track of payments. If you are unable to pay with a personal check we can accept a Money Order or Cashier's Check. The check or money order must be made out to the Lake County Sheriff's Office for the correct amount, review the information provided on the website.
- Please mail in a photocopy of your valid Montana Driver's License or ID card with the Application so that we can properly process the Applications without requiring you to sign in front of the Sheriff or a designee, while we are under COVID-19 restrictions.
- We are currently working on the temporary backlog of applicants received just before and during the shutdown of the Courthouse, and will be diligent and as accommodating as we can during this pandemic situation we all are dealing with.
- Please call 406-883-7282 for any questions about Concealed Weapons Permits (CWPs) and processes. Please be patient with us as we are dealing with many issues at this time.
Lake County Sheriff
Donald R. Bell
Concealed Weapons Permit
Discover information on obtaining a concealed weapon permit.
The Lake County Detention Facility is a minimal security facility.
Finger Print Services
Lake County Sheriff’s Office offers the service of producing finger print cards.
Registered Sexual & Violent Offender Registry
Access information about the Registered Sexual and Violent Offender Registry.