The Mission of the Lake County Sheriff's Office is to enhance the quality of life in our county by working in partnership with the community we serve. We strive to promote safety, enforce the laws, and safeguard the constitutional rights of all people.
Labor Detail Program
The sheriff labor detail is set up to lower the overcrowding in the Lake County Jail and the large waiting list to serve time in the jail by giving the non-violent offender an ability to serve their time working in the community for non-profits groups here in Lake County. There is a cost to sign up for the workers and no cost for the non-profits groups. To sign up for the non-profit please email Administrator Katrina Baltz or call at 406-883-7279 to tell her about your non-profit group and what your needs are and dates you could use the help. To sign up to work on the sheriff work detail contact 883-7279 or stop by the Sheriff's Office in the court house in Polson and talk to Administrator Katrina Baltz and she will give you the mandatory paper work to fill out.
Obtain a Report
Get details on how to obtain a report from Lake County Sheriff's Office (PDF).
- Concealed Weapon Permit Application - New (PDF)
- Concealed Weapon Permit Application - Renewal (PDF)
- 2020 Concealed Weapon Permit Procedures (PDF)
- Montana State Codes - Weapons
- 2016 Sheriff's Office Annual Report (PDF)
- 2017 Sheriff's Office Annual Report (PDF)
- Jail and Justice System Assessment (PDF)