Subdivision of Land
This office is contracted with the Montana Department of Environmental Quality to review the majority of Lake County subdivisions. Sanitation review examines the proposed land division to ensure the new lots have acceptable locations for water systems and wastewater systems and have stormwater management plans.
All subdivision applications are submitted to the Lake County office for review and approval before passing to the Montana Department of Environmental Quality for final approval.
Subdivisions are generally reviewed first by the Lake County Planning Department and then, once given preliminary planning approval, are submitted to this office for sanitation review.
The sanitation review process, by law, cannot exceed 55 days for a complete application.
If you would like to be added to the list to receive the latest information related to the sanitation in subdivision review program and training opportunities, please contact the Environmental Consultants and Surveyors.
- MCA 76-4 Sanitation in Subdivision Act (Link)
- A.R.M. 17.36.101-801 Subdivision Rules (Link)
- Circular DEQ3 Technical Standards Small Water Systems (PDF)
- Circular DEQ4 Technical Standards Subsurface Wastewater Treatment Systems (PDF)
- Circular DEQ8 Technical Standards Stormwater Management (PDF)
- MT DEQ Subdivision Review Guides, Applications, and Checklists (Link)
- Municipal Facilities Exclusion Checklist (PDF)
- Revised Lot Layout (PDF)
- Wastewater Treatment System Design Specifications (PDF)
- Subdivision Deviation (PDF)