Food vendors are licensed by the State of Montana. This licensing is administered through county environmental health departments. The goal of the program is to ensure food offered to the public is prepared with safe food handling practices in order to prevent disease. The laws of the state govern food service establishments, food manufacturing establishments, temporary food services, and farmer's markets.
Note: For food manufacturer requirements please contact Lake County Environmental Health.
Food establishment license applications are not available electronically; contact the office for application forms.
Retail Food Establishments
- Laws and Rules related to Retail Food (website)
- FDA 2013 Food Code (PDF)
- Food Establishment Plan Review Application (PDF)
- Mobile Food Plan Review Application (PDF)
- Mobile Food Establishment Guidelines (PDF)
Wholesale Food Manufacturing
- Guides, Laws, and Rules Related to Wholesale Food (website)
- Wholesale Food Facility Plan Review Application (PDF)
- Montana Wholesale Food Review Form