- Environmental Health
It is Lake County Environmental Health's objective to inform the public of the laws and regulations, as well as the means to provide a safe and healthy environment. In doing so, we appreciate your area of concern. Please note, our department does not get involved with civil disputes, perform any on-site clean up or removal of items, or have involvement beyond the limits of the regulations.
If you would like to file a complaint directly with the Lake County Environmental Health Department concerning:
- Junk Vehicles
- Hotels and Motels
- Trailer Courts and Campgrounds
- Vacation Rentals
- and other issues
To file a complaint please contact our main office. Please know that a sanitarian will be assigned to your complaint and will be working with the involved parties to resolve the issue.
If you would like to file a complaint with MT DPHHS/FCSS concerning a publicly licensed facility such as a:
- Trailer Court/Campgrounds
- Tattoo Artist
- Swimming Pool
- Vacation Rental
Please submit a complaint. Your complaint will be processed along with a sanitarian being assigned to resolve the issue.
If you have symptoms of a foodborne illness contact Lake County Public Health Department at 406-883-7288. They will help assist in the investigation process.
If you suspect you have a Foodborne Illness from a food establishment or public event please submit a complaint. Your complaint will be processed along with a sanitarian being assigned to resolve the issue.
Renter's Issues with Functionally & Safety
If you are a renter and have issues with the functionality and safety i.e. water supply, mold, structural conditions, etc., of your unit:
- Contact the Landlord-Tenant Hotline at 800-345-7474.
- For additional information: Visit the Montana Department of Justice Tenants and Landlords webpage.
- For legal information visit the Montana Law Help website or the Montana Public Interest Research Group website or contact their office at 406-437-9686.
- For legal assistance visit the Montana Legal Service Association website or contact their office at 800-666-6899.
- For Suspected housing discrimination visit the Montana Fair Housing website or contact their office at 406-782-2573 or 800-929-2611.
- For issues involving the elderly or disabled contact the Montana Adult Protective Services at 844-277-9300.
- For issues involving children contact the Montana Child Protective Services at 866-820-5437.