Lake County utilizes e-recordings through CSC and Simplifile.
- Simplifile recordings are open from 8 am - 4:45 pm.
- Recordings reviewed by the plat room (deeds, contracts, etc.) are open from 8 am - 4 pm.
- CSC recordings are open from 8 am - 4 pm.
What is E-Recording?
E-recording is the process of submitting documents for recording online and having them reviewed, recorded, and returned back to the submitter electronically.
Advantages of E-Recording:
- Reduced labor, materials, postage, and courier costs.
- Shortened time gap to recordation.
- Increased security in sending and receiving documents.
- Fewer rejections and faster corrections: eRecording eliminates rejections for incorrect fees. Rejected documents can be resubmitted in hours vs days.